Richmond, Ind. - The Transylvania men's tennis team dropped a 9-0 decision to the first-place Earlham College Quakers at the EC Tennis Courts on Thursday night.
The Pioneers were overpowered early in the matchup as the Quakers took 8-0, 8-1, and 8-1 victories in No.1, No. 2, and No. 3 doubles.
The Quakers continued to show their strength throughout the singles competition, taking all six matches to claim the 9-0 overall victory.
Sophomore Edis Sinanovic battled in his singles bout for the Pioneers against Earlham's Joaquin Lerner, but fell 6-3, 6-1 in No. 5 singles action.
The loss drops the Pioneers' record climbs to 3-8 overall and 2-3 in HCAC play, while the Quakers improve their record to a perfect 6-0 in the HCAC and 19-3 overall.
Up next, the Pioneers will host the Manchester University Spartans on Saturday, April 28. Saturday will also serve as Senior Day for the Pioneers who honor a trio of outgoing seniors. The match between the Spartans and the pioneers is set for is set for 11:00 a.m. start at the Transylvania Tennis Complex.
For more on Transylvania tennis, follow @TransyTennis on Twitter
Transylvania 0, Earlham 9
1. Aleksandr Sergeev (EC-M) def. Luke Groene (TU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Vojislav Tatarevic (EC-M) def. Dylan Moore (TU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Nicola Manni (EC-M) def. Eric Sandknop (TU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Brandon Giordanelli (EC-M) def. Brandon Stofleth (TU) 6-0, 6-3
5. Joaquin Lerner (EC-M) def. Edis Sinanovic (TU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Jason Lawson (EC-M) def. J.T. Henderson (TU) 6-0, 6-0