Franklin, Ind. – The Transylvania men's tennis team wrapped up its regular season with a 9-0 loss to the Franklin College Grizzlies at the Mickel-Hoover Tennis Complex on Sunday afternoon.
The loss drops Transylvania's record to 3-10 overall, and 2-5 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play while the Grizzlies move to 3-4 in conference and 6-11 overall.
Franklin wasted little time in taking control of the match, collecting wins in all there doubles matches.
Senior Luke Groene was unable to get the Pioneers in the win column, dropping a 6-0, 6-4 decision in No. 1 singles play.
Transylvania's best chance for a win came at No. 6 singles when senior J.T. Henderson picked up a 6-4, 6-2 loss.
With the regular season complete the Pioneers will now turn their attention to the HCAC Conference Tournament. Transylvania holds the No. 6 seed and will face the No. 3 seeded Hanover College Panthers in the tournament's opening round. The matchup between the Pioneers and the Panthers is set for a 6:30 p.m. start on Friday, May 4 at the East Indy Racquet Club in Indianapolis, Indiana.
For more on Transylvania men's tennis, follow @TransyTennis on Twitter
Transylvania 0, Franklin 9
1. Alex Hammer (FCM) def. Luke Groene (TU) 6-0, 6-4
2. Blake Amonett (FCM) def. Dylan Moore 6-1, 6-1
3. Jacob Zachary (FCM) def. Eric Sandknop (TU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Kyle Sauley (FCM) def. Brandon Stofleth (TU) 6-2, 6-0
5. Sam Godby (FCM) def. Edis Sinanovic (TU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Dean Elrod (FCM) J.T. Henderson (TU) 6-4, 6-2